Search This Blog

12.24.2011

Business Man

This will be a completely random post and includes news on my new camera as well as some business cards.

I've obtained a new camera for both stills and digital video, and it will definitely take the place of the Canon HV30 as far as movie making. The camera is the Canon T2i, and so far I am very pleased with it. This is my first time stepping away from the tape format, and though it's a little odd for me, I am glad to finally be away from them.

I've been looking at going the way of DSLR for shooting video for a while now, and a great deal came along for this camera so I had to go for it. I'm not sure when I'll actually have a project to shoot on the T2i, but it'll hopefully be sooner rather than later. Until then, I'll be stocking up on SD cards and building up my kit. If anyone knows of a good stedicam, let me know!

Here are a few stills from my first run with the T2i. These are unedited--


In other news, I acquired some business cards from VistaPrint.com and came away thoroughly impressed. I got 250 cards for just under $30 bucks and the shipping was super quick even though I selected 14 day shipping. The cards exceeded my expectations. These will come in handy when sending our screener copies of the next film and for casual business as well as hopefully meeting people face to face at film festivals. Here's a rough sketch of the card-


I went without a back to save money, and because I really can't think of anything to put on there.  I think it's a pretty good "first" business card. Now if I can actually put it to use!

2 comments: