Search This Blog

6.24.2011

The Welcome Wagon

In my initial post I'll give readers the heads up on what exactly this blog will document while also adding some final words about my last film, Feast of the Vampires!


First things first, I am independent filmmaker Jay Burleson, I am a 24 year old self-taught filmmaker from the state of Alabama. I have a horror/comedy film, Feast of the Vampires, available online at: www.feastofthevampires.net as well as Amazon.com.

Feast of the Vampires was initially shot in 2007. It sucked so bad that I re-shot it in 2009. It sucked a little less and I decided to release it. It's not that great, but as to date, it's the best thing that I've completed.  Of course I have numerous feature length attempts that didn't quiet make the cut for one reason or another.

This blog is intended to focus on my work from here on out and will document the step by step process of what it's like to craft a film from start to finish on what would be called a "shoe-string budget", and when I use that term I mean it in the sense that I'm generally making my movies with about as much money as shoestrings cost.

I also write for the Cody Hamman created film appreciation blog, Life Between Frames, which will be very interactive with this blog. I'll post a bunch of random horseshit here and then compile a "best of" post for Life Between Frames readers to enjoy.

I'm not ready to start talking about my next project just yet, but all the pointless news you could ever want should start appearing here within the next few weeks. Until then I will leave you with the new DVD artwork for Feast of the Vampires. Currently, Feast of the Vampires is being sold at www.feastofthevampires.net as a double disc edition. This new artwork is for our upcoming "economy edition" and will be cheaper than the double disc while still including everything that was cool about the double disc!

Feast of the Vampires "Economy Edition" DVD artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment