Search This Blog

10.25.2011

More Casting: The Girls of Pumpkin

This post features information on four new actresses who have joined the cast for my film, Pumpkin, including Pop Skull co-star Hannah Hughes and Feast of the Vampires co-star Aly Sutton.

Principal photography on Pumpkin is winding down, and since most of the film is already shot, I really need to hurry up and announce the rest of the cast! Today's post will focus on the lovey ladies, starting with:

Hannah Hughes

Publicity shot of Hannah Hughes as Dana Dewitt

Hannah has already made her brief appearance in Pumpkin as the daughter of serial killer Taboris Dewitt. I'm really excited that she was able to join the cast as I'm a big fan of her work in Adam Wingard's Pop Skull and What Fun We Were Having. When I first decided to do this project I really wanted to recapture the fun and spontaneity of how I would shoot projects in high school. That basically means picking up a camera and filming, and that attitude has typically been how we've survived this shoot. Still, I wanted to add some horror backbone to the project as well as some professionalism and I feel I've been able to do that with the additions of Hannah as well as the previously mentioned casting of Lane Hughes.

Hannah is a really talented actress and possesses some great instincts. I'm sure that she's going to go on and do some awesome stuff so we're lucky to have her! Here's a first glimpse of her in Pumpkin as Dana Dewitt---


 Aly Sutton 

Aly is making her second appearance in one of my productions as she also starred in my last film, Feast of the Vampires. Once again we were lucky to have Aly on board and her involvement has added another layer of experience and professionalism. Not only does she act but she's a model and country musician as well, and a few years ago she was a Price is Right beauty with Bob Barker! Aly is a very genuine person and I consider her part of the family here at Sign Me Up! Productions. I hadn't seen her since we wrapped FotV back in 2009 so it was nice seeing her again as well as putting her back on screen. In Pumpkin she plays a wayward youth hitchhiking across the country until she's picked up by the films main protagonist, Johnny Knickerbocker.

Here's your first look at Aly in Pumpkin--



LaDonna Allison

I was introduced to Ladonna Allison by Bill Pacer, who plays one of the main parts in the film. Seeing as how I needed an actress to play alongside Bill in a few scenes, and that they could both drive in from Atlanta together, I gave her a look. I'm thankful I did because LaDonna has been an absolute blessing for this shoot. She's gone above and beyond what I've asked of her and I'm very glad to have her on board. She's also quite experienced in independent film with a wide range of roles listed on her IMDB. Ladonna is playing dual roles in the film, but right now I'll only announce that she's on board as Debbie Belue, a playmate of serial killer Taboris Dewitt. Here's a look at LaDonna in character as Debbie Belue! 


Ashtyn Wallace 

Much like Bill Pacer led me to LaDonna, it was Aly Sutton who mentioned Ashtyn to me. Aly was coming down to shoot a scene with Lane Hughes and mentioned that if I needed another girl, she could bring Ashtyn along. I pitched a revised version of the scene that included Ashtyn and Aly said they were game for it. The scene originally involved Aly's character trying to seduce Lane's character, and I figured if we could have two girls instead of one that it'd be even more effective. I think it worked and am glad that we included Ashtyn in it. She exceeded my expectations and it was really cool to expand the scene in the way that we did. I don't know much about her background other than that she models in Nashville and is also a country musician.

Here's a frame grab of Ashtyn as the character known only as Anita---


Stay tuned as I'll wrap up the casting announcements soon and move on to on set reports and picture posts. I've also got other stuff in the works so you never really know what I'll post about next.

No comments:

Post a Comment